Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dopeslap


“Dopeslap” (also "dope slap"). My new and favorite word. It hasn’t made it into the dictionary yet but it has made it’s way into common usage among this new and younger, happening, generation, with which I identify.

It refers to a firm, yet affectionate, slap applied to the back of the head of someone who has acted stupidly in your presence. It is not painful, simply attention getting so that it sends the message, “For the love of God, quit being stupid!” It demonstrates an expectation that more and better is expected of the slapee (another word that may not have made the dictionary but will now have to). It is usually applied by a superior to an inferior. I may dopeslap my 14 year old son but he probably should not dopeslap me. “She Whom I Fear” may dopeslap me but I probably should not dopeslap her. I can’t go without sleep forever and pay backs are hell.

Make “dopeslap” a part of your lexicon and use it proudly.

No comments:

Post a Comment